Welcome and thank you for taking the time to look at our website.
You’re here because you are interested in renewing your Door Supervisors License but need to complete the Door Supervisors Upskilling qualification first. We want to give you all the help you will need.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
The IQ Level 2 Award for Upskilling a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry is a qualification developed to meet the mandatory SIA CPD/top up requirement for Door Supervisors who undertook their training prior to 31 August 2010. This qualification meets the SIA requirements for the mandatory top up; relevant learners who have completed this qualification will be eligible to apply to renew their SIA Door Supervisors licence.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
The qualification consists of two units,
- Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry which covers both knowledge and practical skills.
- Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors within the Private Security Industry which is a knowledge unit covering counter terrorism issues, first aid situations and requirements regarding children and young people.
- Classroom (face-to-face) Learning
- 2 One Day Workshops
- Assessment through Practical Assessment and 2 multiple choice exams
- This qualification is a regulatory requirement for relevant Door Supervisors therefore learners must have a Door Supervisors SIA licence.
- Security operatives are likely in the course of their work to be required to make calls to the emergency services, or need to communicate to resolve conflict. It is essential that security operatives are able to communicate clearly. Initial assessments maybe completed.