Delivered in association with Newham College of Further Education
Welcome and thank you for taking the time to look at our website.
You’re here because you are interested in a Health and Safety Management course and we want to give you all the help you will need.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This qualification is aimed at supervisors and managers, or those preparing to take on a role at this level, who have direct responsibility for the management of health and safety. People in these roles have both a legal and moral obligation to ensure the health and safety of all employees, contractors, visitors and suppliers to the business.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
The subject areas covered by the course content are deemed critical by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) for developing safe working procedures in the workplace.
- Blended (face-to-face and distance) learning:
- A half-day induction
- Portfolio based with assessment
- 3 one-day workshops covering risk assessment and constructing safe systems of work
- 2.5 hours written exams assessment
- Multiple-choice written exam consisting of 30 questions (30 marks)
- Written exam consisting of 6 questions of which the learner must answer 4 questions of their choice (70 marks)
- Marks from both exams will be added together to determine the leaner’s grade. Pass - 60 marks, Merit - 70 marks, Distinction - 80 marks OPTIONS ON COMPLETION
Learners who achieve the Level 4 in Health and Safety Management (QCF) can progress onto other courses in the sector as well as progression on to courses at level 5 and above. This qualification will assist in the application for managerial/supervisory positions associated with health and safety.